[TenTec] Hercules II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules II
From: K2ZF@aol.com (K2ZF@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:25:27 EST
Hello to all, I am getting a Hercules II and am going to power it from a
Sears DieHard Deep cycle battery, serial #27582. Ten Tec says that I can
operate the amplifier with the battery charger running at the same time. My
amp has not arrived as yet, got the battery yesterday. During charging of the
battery I notice that the charger can deliver up to 16 or more volts during
charging, the charger is designed for deep cycle batteries. My question is
this : Would the 16 volts that the charger delivers do damage to my amplifier
? It does not make sense to me to run the charger with voltage over 13 volts
and run the amp, or am I missing something here ? After a full charge the
charger goes into trickle mode, but what when the battery voltage falls
during amp operation and it goes into full charge mode, would that harm the
amp ? Sorry for this long winded question, but I don't want to ruin a new amp.
Thanks in advance, Jim  K2ZF