[TenTec] Omni V Problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Problems
From: K2ZF@aol.com (K2ZF@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 21:58:38 EST
As Jerry, KOCQ correctly stated, check the power supply and cable, especially
the connector at the end of the power supply cable. The pins in the connector
can and do go bad with age. I have experienced that myself with my power
supply for my Omni 6. My Omni was acting up and it was driving me crazy,
during transmit the rig would almost shut down, the display would dim almost
to the point where I could not read anything. I sent my power supply back to
Ten Tec and they said it was fine, but alas, they forgot to check the
integrety of the connector, I received the supply back from them just to find
I was back at square one with the problem. I sent the Omni back thinking it
was the rig. I got the rig back and nothing was found wrong with it. It was
only by a struck of luck that I decided to change the connector at the end of
the power supply cable and that did the trick. If you check the manual to the
power suppy they tell you that the connector can go bad after a while. You
would have thought that Ten Tec would have checked the connector when they
had the supply, if they did, then my problem would have been solved quickly.
Hope this helps, good luck de K2ZF (Jim)