[TenTec] Corsair II AGC Mods

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II AGC Mods
From: DHHDEH@concentric.net (David H. Hammond)
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 07:30:28 +0000
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for information on any possible mods to the ACG of the Corsair II.

In my opinion the agc of this radio is one of the few problems that it
exhibits with the "hang" feature on agc slow response and popping on attack
with strong signals the culprits.

I have been told that late productions runs of the Corsair II in mid 1989 were
modified to correct one or both of these problems.  Attempts to obtain
information from the factory service department earlier were not successful.
Late run manuals did not reflect these changes from earlier manuals from what
I am told.

Does anyone have information on field mods to the Corsair II agc?

Also if you have a mint late run (1989) Corsair II and are considering sale
please keep me in mind..  :-)

73 De N1LQ-Dave