[TenTec] Pegasus - horizontal operation?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus - horizontal operation?
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:57:47 -0600
I don't know how you do it, but every time I try to put a black hole into my
radio, it just sucks the insides of the radio into it and then starts
working on the cabinet.  I've lost a couple of radios that way.  If I had
used larger black holes, I'm sure I would have lost my desk.  They're just
not worth the hassle.

Besides, you don't want to relieve the Pegasus of excess electrons.

Doing so will reduce the pressure on the electron stream flowing out through
the SO-239 to the antenna and effectively reducing your ERP (excellent radio
propagation).  Also, be sure the beam's element and boom caps are still
attached, as that will affect directivity.

73,
dale, kg5u