[TenTec] All Mode 6 & 2

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] All Mode 6 & 2
From: knoxm@scioto.net (Mike - KC8WR)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:29:45 -0500
I paid a short visit to TenTec on May 13.....Had a very nice chat with Stan.
He offered  to take me and my wife on the tour of the facility, but I had
not called ahead and it was Monday morning.  I know how Mondays are were I
work....not the time to be interrupted when you are trying to get a new week
going.  Dropping in on them the way I did, didn't want to take advantage of
anyones hospitality.  And we all know that the people from TenTec and
Tennessee are known well for their great hospitality.

Anyway, I asked Stan about the 6n2 meter rig....what the statis might be.
He did confirm  that someone had left and they had gotten behind on this
project.  He mentioned some parts that had changed and such.  But, they had
hired a new engineer and he is working on this new all mode rig, and if I
remember right, it is almost an exclusive with this engineer....in an effort
to get it into production.  So, guys I would say that "NO" it has not been
dumped and "YES" we should still see it offered sometime in the future.

Makes me glad I am a repair technician with a tool company and not in the
business of design and production of new electronics, and particularly, ham
radio equipment.

Thanks Stan for the nice visit and the offer of the tour.  I will take you
up on that sometime when I can call ahead and not just "drop in" on y'all.

Mike - KC8WR