Fw: [TenTec] Triton IV Digital

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TenTec] Triton IV Digital
From: Ken and Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net (Ken and Linda Burrough)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:37:26 -0500
Hi Drew

The Triton IV Digital is a great rig.  It has a very quite front end and
transmits a clean cw note.  It can still be fixed by the good folks at
Ten-Tec.  The QSK it the best.

I have used the old 544's since 1980 when I was stationed at Vandenberg AFB.
The Club station was an Model 544.  I got my 544 about 1983 and have used it
since.  It has been back to the factory for work in 1990 and again in 1998.
The PTO was rebuilt in 98 along with a full check up.  Total price for
everything including return shipping was $112.00.

Try to find one that is clean and works.  Sometimes you can find one at a
swapfest and get a good deal.  If you buy from a Ten-Tec owner that is on
this reflector you should get a good 544 at the right price.

How much do I like my 544?  I would sell my Omni VI Plus before I would sell
the old Triton Four Digital.

Ken--W8KEB--USAF Ret.
Flushing, Ohio
Ex--KA2HJY--N6EVC--KC0WN--NE0C