[TenTec] balanced tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] balanced tuner
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:32:36 -0500
Very many thank's for the revised article.  I remember reading the original 10
years ago in QST.   Some of the author's comments
about link coupled antenna tuners are exagerated.  However, one feature that I
dislike about the disign is that it connects the
antenna directly to the transmitter.  There is no DC isolation, for lightening
protection.  For lightening protection, the link
coupled coils are superior because there is only magnetic coupling from the rig
to the antenna.  -73's -  Sherrill W.  k4own

>>> Jim FitzSimons <cherry@neta.com> 03/30/00 02:49PM >>>

Here is the answer to the balanced tuner questions:
http://www.vcnet.com/measures/bbat.html
I agree with this. My solution is not the best.
Best regards, Jim W7ANF