[TenTec] Re: Titan problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Titan problem
From: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk (John - G3JAG)
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 23:21:11 +0100 (BST)
I tried reversing the coil leads in my Hercules II. It worked for all
of a few minutes. Then I ordered a new relay from TT. I guess I was
lucky because Mr Customs did not bother to look at it. (The white bits
really are ceramic .... although the price might make you think
otherwise.)

This lead reversing idea may work with some vac relays, but it appears
to be ineffective with the small ones used by TT.

Has anyone successfully swapped for a more conventional relay ?? Its
not hot switched, just needs to close very smartly and carry up to 5
amps (in a Herc). My catalogues suggest such a swap may be feasible; the
closure speed can probably be hiked by using a lower voltage relay
coil, and a series resistor to limit the current. OK its going to be
noisy, but it might be useful as a temporary fix.

E-Mail: John - G3JAG <patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk>