[TenTec] Trade: Argonaut 515 for 544 digital....

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Trade: Argonaut 515 for 544 digital....
From: Tim Cook" <timcook@erinet.com (Tim Cook)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 22:13:26 -0400
I'll probably be sorry, I have decided to trade my 515 Argonaut  (serial
number 088)  for a 100 watt Ten Tec radio.  I would like to trade it for a
Ten Tec
544 Digital with the noise blanker and cw filter and power supply.  However,
will consider all trades,
The 515 is 100% electrical, it just came back from the factory for a PTO
rebuild , dial cord replacement, and general overall tune up. I have the
factory invoice for $134.89 dated Feb 15, 2000.  All lights work and all
knobs are original and inserts are unmarked.  The physical condition of the
case is about a 7 or 8 out of 10, there are 3 or 4 small nicks in the paint
on the top front bezel.  The black slide-on top has some marks , but . you
have to look close to notice it.   The front panel lettering is perfect. The
front panel itself looks like it has some darker spotted areas like someone
tried to wax it or something. Again you'd have to look right to really
notice it.  I don't want to give the impression it is in bad physical shape,
I just want to describe it right.  If someone is really interested, I can
take some digital pictures and send them.

I also have the model 208A 3-position CW filter (position 1 works super on
ssb) and Notch filter. It is in nice condition, a couple of small marks.

For the right trade with the right equipment, I also have a super nice 215
Ten Tec desk mic, a model 276 xtal calibrator ( has 25/100 khz outputs and
can be easily modified for use with the 515.)  and a Lambda 2.5 amp power
supply that I could throw in, but initially am offering the 515/208A for
trade.

If you are looking for a mint collector quality radio, this is not the one
for you, but if you want a nice clean looking, 100% electrical condition
that works as new, then this is the one you want.   The 544 doesn't have to
be mint either, but it does have to be clean and  in as good electrical
condition, PTO smooth, not needing a rebuild. and all knobs unmarked and
original.

IF you have something to offer, please let me know
Thanks
Tim
NZ8J