[TenTec] Need info on Iambic paddle??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Need info on Iambic paddle??
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:10:46 -0400
John:  The Iambic paddle that you describe was made and sold in England by  a
private individual who is licensed and sells his
products using his amateur call of G4ZPY.  He makes and sells a complete line
of high quality paddles and keys.  I have never seen
one of his actual units but they seem to have a good reputation.  His products
are sold in the U.S.A. by the Morse Express Company
and his products are shown on their web site.   I think at one time he was
offering a basic parts kit that would allow someone to
fabricate their own base and mount the balance of the parts.  That may be what
you have.  An iambic paddle with the basic parts
mounted on a bakelite base seems too light, by itself,  to be used properly?
It may require the bakelite base to be mounted to
something more substantial.  Also, it could have been made very lightweight for
a backpack type of portable operation?   It would be
impossible for anyone to state how much it is worth without seeing the actual
cond!
ition of the unit.   I have been looking for a small iambic paddle to use for
mobile cw, if you ever decide to sell the unit, i may
be interested.- Thank's and 73's- Sherrill W.  k4own

http://website.lineone.net/~g4zpy/index.htm