[TenTec] monitor screen width

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] monitor screen width
From: rbdrake@erols.com (Richard B Drake)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:34:19 -0400
This all depends on the mailer programs that are being used at
both ends and further if either or both mailers have options for
setting the line width. The mailer that I use, "Microsoft
Outlook", automatically line wraps the incoming text at whatever
width I have made my window, so it always fits no matter what the
sender did. However, I also set the line width of my outgoing mail
to 66 characters which should fit anyone's screen with room to
spare whether or not they are using a mailer with auto line wrap.
So, the answer is if you are using a mailer that provides these
options, the solution is simple, set the options correctly. If
not, it may not be so simple. I recommend Microsoft Outlook,
Outlook Express or Netscape Mail; all of these do a nice job of
handling a variety of incoming mail formats and fitting them to
your screen. If you are using an older DOS or Linux based program
and the sender has made their lines excessively wide, you may just
be stuck with scrolling sideways. Note that some mailers don't
insert any line breaks at all in outgoing mail and if your mailer
doesn't word wrap, the entire message will appear to be on one
humongous line.

---
73, Rich - W3ZJ
w3zj@arrl.net