[TenTec] RF getting into Corsair II filter!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF getting into Corsair II filter!
From: K2ZF@aol.com (K2ZF@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:40:16 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/00 6:00:05 PM !!!First Boot!!!, EAvila@caiso.com
writes:

<< Since installing a 500hz filter purchased new from Ten Tec I noticed that
on
 the "fast" receiver mode I hear a guttural-like sound when the receiver is
 recovering and follows each and every dit or dah, which is very annoying!!!
 It definitely is RF related and appears worse on the upper bands. If I
 reduce the power to about 60 watts the problem goes away. Also, in the
 "slow" receiver mode there's no guttural-like sound. To further test the
 problem, I swapped out the 500hz with the 2.4khz filter in the 500hz slot
 and the receiver recovery is very clean with the this filter in the Fast
 mode!

 I've moved the 500hz filter to other filter slots and the problem follows
 the filter, so, I removed the 500hz filter board and resoldered all
 connections. It didn't seem to help much......

 Any ideas what's going on? Could I have a "bad" filter from Ten Tec?

 Thanks for the help here..........73...../k6sdw

Sure you could have gotten a bad filter. There were two times that I
purchased filters from Ten Tec and they had to be returned because they were
faulty. My guess is that you got a bad one.
Good luck de Jim  K2ZF