[TenTec] Re: TenTec Amateur Radio Digest V3 #126

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TenTec Amateur Radio Digest V3 #126
From: rod_pruner@yahoo.com (Rod Pruner)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:37:21 -0700 (PDT)
Rich and all,

What you have described is exactly what I ended up
doing. However, this was only after I discovered an
error in Kenwoods schematic.
They had the MIC and MIC COMMON leads drawn
reversed at the MIC connector. For some reason
this looked to me as though the MIC leads were
both isolated and had no "common/ground"
as does the PTT leads.
So, after correcting the drawing, it became obvious
that I did'nt need to use pin #4 as one side of the
MIC. I wired the MIC COMMON and PTT COMMON to the
"ground" connection on pin #2,
MIC is on pin #1 and PTT on pin #3.
Connected to my Delta II and worked a station
in Alaska on 12 meter SSB with good signal/audio
report.
Thanks to all the folks here who replied to my
original note and helped me solve this.

73,