[TenTec] Anyone Build a Model 1201 Mike Kit?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Anyone Build a Model 1201 Mike Kit?
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 19:36:00 -0000
I built the Ten-Tec 1201 mike kit about two years ago. I installed the 9V
battery in it since I use it with my Corsair I and I haven't made the
modification needed to put the correct voltage at the mike socket.

The only problem I had was getting the thing fastened together correctly
(probably because of the battery size). The buttons on the case have to line
up correctly with the switches on the board. I was having trouble with the
mike either not keying or keying by itself without me touching it. I
eventually played around with the tightness of the screws and got it where
it's stable now. I've had no problems in a long time. It works great and I
get good reports on the audio.

73, Winston K4CWQ