[TenTec] Re: 580 Delta-was Receiver Lineage

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: 580 Delta-was Receiver Lineage
From: wa2vez@rochester.rr.com (Al Scanandoah)
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 19:38:31 -0400

WA4VEC@aol.com wrote:

> Left out of the discussion so far is the 580 Delta which is single
> conversion, but with a 6.3 Mhz IF.  I assume that 6.3 was chosen to eliminate
> the 18 Mhz spur problem inherent in the old Omni due to the mixing scheme.
> The Delta PTO is slightly different in frequency coverage and I believe it
> tunes backwards compared to the rest of the PTOs.

I've never heard much about the Delta, neither good nor bad.  I almost
bought one new when they came out, but I opted to wait for the Corsair
I.

I'd like to hear from any one who either owns or has owned a 580; I've
been thinking about adding one to my wall-o-Ten Tecs if I ever get the
opportunity.

Thanks - Al, WA2VEZ