[TenTec] TT performance

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT performance
From: nw4p@martha.xtn.net (nw4p@martha.xtn.net)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 16:39:31 -0400
Hey to Everyone,
   One other thing that I'll mention about the TT's that I
like is the ability to put a 100 watts into a non-resonant
antenna. I had a 767 and a friend now has a 920, both radios
responded to a non-resonant antenna by reducing output
considerablely. On my Omni 6+, I can run  a higher mismatch
and not worry  about it.
    While bells and whistles are nice and make for converation,
I've found out that about 75% of them are useless. Even on
the radio I'm using now, I only use 5-6 things on a regular
basis.                    Richard  NW4P