[TenTec] Information wanted

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Information wanted
From: gctotten@juno.com (Gerald C Totten)
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 22:30:33 -0400

Hi gang,
  I hope the reflector is up and running but I have not seen much mail
today.  I'm looking to buy an OMNI 6 from an estate sale and it has not
been updated.  TEN-TEC informs me that they will not be able to do any
more level 3 upgrades because there are so few unmodified OMNI 6's out in
the real world and they must order the parts in large quantities to make
it cost effective.  Apparently there is a level 1 upgrade that is just a
chip swap and a few labels.  (?)
  Can anyone ( outside of TEN-TEC ) tell me what the current / latest
firm ware ID number is?  And is it worth having the option 1 upgrade
done?  The radio has DSP #2.0 and Logic # .17T

Jerry  K8JRO