[TenTec] RED DOT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RED DOT
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 20:16:30 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 8 May 2000, Steve Ellington wrote:

> Shucks. I've got a Kenwood TS-850 on my workbench now and I'm starting to
> see red. .

Kenmore appliances do that.

> You guys are right about the orange dots however
> And like Bob says, the TX-100 has the ultimate dot, being a red LED. Back in
> those days that red dot really meant something. I'm just not sure what.

Lest we forget the S-38 "Signalizer" that also had a red dot that lit up
as I recall...but that is way back when I was using the passive audio CW
filter that matched the PM-3A and I coveted the Signalizer so much.  The
red dot on the passive filter did not light up at all.

BTW I put my TS-850 in my closet and it doesn't seem to bother me anymore.

Clark
WA3JPG