[TenTec] paragon receiving problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] paragon receiving problems
From: wbcapps@mindspring.com (Bill Capps)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 22:21:32 -0700
hello all
        i asked this question many months ago,and i cant find my replies now.
anyhow, my paragon has developed a receiver problem. during a qso and when
ever the radio is on, the receive will fade away. i can be listening to a
579 cw qso, then slowly the receiver will fade to nothing. i used to think
it was qsb, but all i have to do is tap a key or activate the "tune" button
and instantly the receiver starts back again, and the qso is 579 again.
        also while using QSK, i can loose the receive. i like to listen to the
band during cw with qsk, but it is weird to have the reciever drift away.
        i believe i remember someone saying "oxides" build up on the qsk relays?
if so what is the best way to clean this relay, a chemical or use a brush
or abrasive.
        also. months ago, i remember reading a post where a gentleman, unpluged
all the boards in his paragon, cleaned all the plugs and replugged
everything. is this a good tune-up for a 11 year old rig? if it is , what
do you recommend cleaning the plugs with. i may give it a tune-up tomorrow.
im trying to avoid having to ship my rig to ten tec

many thanks to all that have read my post es 73

bill capps
af4od
auburn,alabama