[TenTec] WTB: Model 217 CW filter et al to enhance a rig

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WTB: Model 217 CW filter et al to enhance a rig
From: pepperb@gov.on.ca (Brien Pepperdine)
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 15:08:31 -0400 (EDT)

HI. It appears as if I am in need for a Model 217 CW filter 500 hz for a
Argosy II rig coming here. This is a bit pre-emptive, as the rig was
obtained from and sold to
visually impaired persons and the rig had belonged to a SSB only operator
previously, so he has no knowledge
of/ability to know of its filters. I cannot look at it for him before it
arrives, so all is on faith and trust, but apparently he has a good buy
otherwise. We doubt it is ready for CW viz a viz filters.

I might have to get a PTO re-build done for him (again, pre-emptive
strike) so I want to knock of
as much as has to be done internally for his rig while it is opened up.
Not looking forward to the compactness of this rig as far as getting into
the area of the PTO and its removal, hi!

Before I call TT, I thought I would cast about for a wee bit and see if
a CW filter might show up.
I might also be looking for a model 220 8-pole SSB filter and 244 audio
filter (I know I can get a clone of the audio filter from Embedded
Research if it comes to that). My last listen was the audio filter did a
creditable job when A:B compared to the xtal filter, IMHO.

tnx,

Brien Pepperdine
Amateur Radio Station VE3VAW
Toronto, Ontario Canada