[TenTec] PTO REBUILD

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PTO REBUILD
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 22:43:05 -0400
Deni, the main problem with the PTO's was not mechanical wear (though
this can happen in a heavily used unit), but the sticky grease that
was originally used. The grease would harden and cause frequency jumps.

Some people just disassemble the bearings, clean and regrease. Others
go for the full rebiuld kit, as long as they have to teardown the
mechanism anyway.

                        73, Bob WB2VUF