[TenTec] What microphone for Argonaut 509?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] What microphone for Argonaut 509?
From: riyadth_al-kazily@boi.hp.com (Riyadth Al-Kazily)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:35:17 -0600
Hello,

  The old crystal microphone that I have used for my 509 finally died,
and I'm trying to find out what to do for a replacement.  I have tried
modern low impedance microphones in the past, with poor results, and
have been unable to find a nice replacement microphone element for the
hand mike I have been using (not a Ten-Tec mic).

  Does the list have any wisdom to share about these older rigs that
prefer a hi-Z mic?  I have been thinking of trying out the T-Kit
speech processor kit, but I don't know how well that is suited to
the task.  (The ARRL handbook suggests using an impedance matching
transformer or amplifier, but does not explain what these are or
how to use them...)

  Thanks!

-- Riyadth Al-Kazily  riyadth_al-kazily@hp.com (208)396-4987 KB7YWE --
-- Hewlett-Packard  Computer Peripherals Bristol Div., Boise, Idaho --