[TenTec] OMNI VI <bleeping> CW note

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI <bleeping> CW note
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane Calvin, AC5AA)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:21:21 -0400 (EDT)
I hear it on both my Drake R4 and my Omni VI+.  I tried both last night to make
sure it wasn't what you suggest.  It's not an
artifact of receiving, it's on the transmitted signal.  To my ear it's more
noticeable when tuned in USB mode than LSB.  I suspect
this is because the pitch is rapidly decreasing on USB which is more easily
heard than when it sneaks in from underneath.  It truly
sounds like the same "microchirp" we've discussed at length a while back.  In
LSB mode, which TT's and ICOM's use for CW reception,
it is hardly noticeable.  I guess the poor Kenwood users would hear it better.
Just one more reason to trade that Kenwood in on a
better rig - hi!  (I don't know which mode Yaesu typically uses for CW RX.)

  73,  Duane   AC5AA