[TenTec] Omni VI computer interface cable

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI computer interface cable
From: wb4huc@texas.net (Michael A. Newell)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:20:04 -0500
William Mansey wrote:

> I have an Omni VI with the option 2 upgrade.  I have wired a cable (db-9 to
> db 25) according to the wiring diagram in the rig's manual but I can not get
> the rig to respond to any of the control programs I have tried.  I do have
> the correct address - according to the menu - so I do not think that this is
> the problem.  I do have one program that is supposed to control several
> types of radios and it does work with another radio (and standard serial
> cable)  What am I doing wrong and/or what is the correct wiring for the
> cable?  Thanks; BILL.

Have you tried the using the standard serial cable on the OMNI VI,
and if so, did it work?

Have you double checked the baud rate setting on the radio to make sure
it matches the setting in the sofware?

Have you double checked the com port setting in the software to make
sure it's using the same com port that's connected to the OMNI VI cable?

If you haven't done so, you might try using a standard serial cable
on the OMNI VI. If it works, then you can eliminate software and
settings as the problem.

Good luck,

--
Michael A. Newell - WB4HUC