[TenTec] Pegasus vs Omni

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus vs Omni
From: n8dv@arrl.net (RadioFred)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 08:39:34 -0400
Hi Jason, I too have an Omni D, series c. I purchased the radio nearly new.
It has all the filters.  I purchased the Pegasus at Dayton and so far am
pleased with it. It is no Omni VI or Omni D. I do like the filters, since I
live in an area that tends to have quite a  bit of noise. One feature I do
like, is the transmit filters. You can adjust the transmit filter from very
narrow to quite broad. I have mine set around 3.00khz. So far I have
received excellent audio reports. The same with cw keying. For the money, it
can be beat. One more thing, you will need to purchase a power supply. I am
puzzled why TenTec didn't include one in the radio, but it mostly likely
would have increased the price beyond their target. Hope this helps.
                                        73, Fred N8DV