[TenTec] Sudden increase in power

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sudden increase in power
From: w5yr@att.net (George , W5YR)
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:14:02 -0500
Seems to me that what is being recommended is taking place already, to
some extent, with no added effort:

1. When a rig is connected to the Astron, the negative power supply lead
almost always is connected to the rig chassis which in turn is connected
to the rest of the station equipment chasses through various coax lines,
shielded cables, etc.

2. The green wire in the a-c power cord of the Astron and the same in
the power cords of the rest of the station equipment all come together
at the a-c service common ground (not neutral).

Now this situation may promote ground loop problems so the suggestion to
directly connect the negative terminal with a short conductor to the
Astron chassis and to the "station ground" is probably good advice and
worth doing.

72/73, George   W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county      QRP-L 1373
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
R/C since 1964 - AMA 98452   RVing since 1972    Kachina #91900556
(12/99)