[TenTec] Ten Tec: Titan Amp.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec: Titan Amp.
From: Davenbarstow@aol.com (Davenbarstow@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:19:34 EDT
Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about the difference in the
early and late Titans. I talked with Scott at Ten Tec today and he said that
the early Titans were different. Ten Tec started making the Titans in 1985
and made the change in 1992. The knobs were different, they did not have the
rubber around the knobs, and they did not match the Paragons or Omni 5 or 6.
The early Titans are worth $900.00 trade in , if they are working up to
specs. If not the repair would be deducted from the trade in. They (Ten Tec )
sell the early ones for $1550.00 plus shipping.
              The late ones get a trade in of $1550.00 that are up to specs.
if they need repair the cost of the repair will be deducted from the trade
in. As for the late ones, it is my understading that they sell for $1950.00
plus shipping.  I had to call Ten Tec today and give them a Serial
Number(very important for them to give you a production date) of the Titan
Amp.Or any other piece of Ten Tec Gear. By the way the Tubes in the Titans
must put out 1500 watts on all bands.

        Am I to understand that only the early Titans had a Hi -Lo Voltage
switch?
             If any one has any thing to add to what I have said , let me
know.  Especially if there are any corrections to be made on the information
I  have put in this E Mail.  All help or advice  would be appreciated.  If I
have made any errors , please correct me at tentec@contesting.com. That way I
guess we can all learn.
                                          Thank You and 73's
                                         Dave/WA6CQJ