[TenTec] Re: Sqeaky Tuning

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Sqeaky Tuning
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 16:59:50 -0500
Jim inquired,

"Have developed a squeak when tuning my Omni VI+.
Fiddle,  and with some effort, can hang onto the
"rear chrome skirt" while,  trying to turn the main
knob to adjust tension and eliminate the squeak.

Not much success!  Still squeaks,  particularly when
twirling using the finger hole in the knob.  Also,
the skirt is no longer concentric with the main
knob.  The manual says this can be corrected,
but beats me how,  hi.  With my fingers,  I can just
barely hang onto the thing while attempting to
turn the main knob.

Anyone else have a good way of doing this adjustment,
and what to do about the squeak?"

73,  Jim,  KH7M

Jim,

On the Unofficial Ten-Tec Omni-6 web site was a mod for ending that
squeak once and for all, by disabling the "wipers" and replacing 'em
with a glued on layer of cotton from an aspirin bottle. Tension is then
adjusted merely by moving the knob closer or farther from the panel. It
is velvety smooth and absolutely silent.

73,       Roy        K6XK         Iowa