[TenTec] O.T. needs help

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] O.T. needs help
From: W8QA@aol.com (W8QA@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 07:56:47 EDT
Hello to all:

Please pardon the slightly off-topic nature of this post.  I met an old timer
who is trying to restore a National NC-183D.  He's very discouraged because
he can't find any technical information on the set, and the power transformer
is shorted.  I tried to do a Web search for him, but the name "National"
brings up about 50,000 hits.  Other combinations of words don't seem to be
fruitful, either.

Can anyone on the List help this man?  There MUST be a list or Website for
National radios.  Also, how does one go about finding Photofacts in the year
2000?  I used to go to the public library, but the Photofacts have long since
been replaced by video games.  :-(

My hat is off to anyone who can help this O.T.  He needs something to get his
mind off his wife's cancer treatments.  Please E-mail him at
holladayfd@multipro.com  His name is Frank, and his call is K4VMO.

Thank you one and all for indulging my request.  Best DX and

Very 73,

John, W8QA