[TenTec] Ten Tec rigs and 'other' power supplies

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec rigs and 'other' power supplies
From: w2fca@qsl.net (w2fca@qsl.net)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:14:52 -0700

--- Original Message ---
"Frank Krozel" <frank@electronicinstrument.com> Wrote on
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:34:14 -0500
 ------------------
As the Ten Tecs all run at 12 volts, as opposed to
13.8 or higher volts, I am curious IF there is a
connection with burned out bulbs ( are Ten Tec's
rated at 12 volts? ) and using "other" supplies.
 ------------------
I'm not sure where the idea of TenTecs running at 12v comes from,
but this is from their web page concerning the power supply for
the Omni series -

"Model 962, Power Supply/Speaker - Cosmetically matches OMNI-VI
PLUS, 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz input. 13.8 VDC, 22 A output. Resetting
electronic latching circuit breaker limits current to protect
transceiver. "

Mine puts out 13.8 too, not 12

Frank
W2FCA