[TenTec] Has anyone modified a Scout 10M band module for 29 mhz and up?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Has anyone modified a Scout 10M band module for 29 mhz and up?
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:55:05 -0500
You could take out the existing crystals and send them to ICM in
Oklahoma City requesting Ham grade copies 1 MHz higher in frequency.
Tell them the current frequencies which the Scout manual should identify
somewhere.

Or accept some calibration error and order stock crystals for
frequencies 1 MHz higher. Though I'm not certain both need to be 1 MHz
higher. I don't have a scout or scout book to check.

A good crystal maker can see what the circuit specs are to put the
original crystals on frequency and then easily make new ones to match
for the new frequency.

ICM has a web page, I don't have it bookmarked here. Alta Vista will
find it quickly. Ask for International Crystal Manufacturing.

73, Jerry, K0CQ