[TenTec] For Sale: VFO 242 & Argosy 525

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] For Sale: VFO 242 & Argosy 525
From: w8keb@1st.net (Ken & LInda Burrough)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:23:01 -0400
Hi All

I am trying to make room for a new Ten-Tec and find I don't use these items
so they are for sale.

Remote VFO 242 for the 540/544.  Ten-Tec serviced this VFO on 1 Oct 99 and
the following was done.

  PTO Rebuilt
  Dial Cord Replaced
  Control Board replaced
  Xtals for 29.0 and 29.5 added

The VFO is very clean and works as it should on my 544.  The price is
$150.00 firm ( work at Ten-Tec was  $147.05 )  plus shipping.  Pictures via
e-mail.  The front panel looks like new and the rest of the cabinet is at
least 9.0 or better.

  Argosy 525, PS 225, Model 1125 Magnetic Circuit Breaker, 215 mic, Model
223 Noise Blanker, Model 226 Crystal Calibrator.  I made two contacts with
the 525, one on phone and one on cw.  NO CW FILTERS.  Power out is 50/5
watts.  I received a bad audio report with the 215 but a good report when I
switched to my EV 638.  This unit is not very good looking but can be
cleaned up.  I gave a CB'er $150.00 for it and that is the price plus
shipping.  He found out it would not go on 11 meters.   Pictures via e-mail.
I feel this 525 is worth the price.

I will be at the Ten-Tec Hamfest and can bring the above and save shipping.

Home Phone 740-968-3067

Tnx & 73 from The Buckeye State, Flushing, Ohio.

W8KEB
KENNETH E. BURROUGH---(KEN)
Ex:  NE0C--KC0WN--N6EVC--KA2HJY
USAF Ret