[TenTec] Help Triton II Documentation Audio Board

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Help Triton II Documentation Audio Board
From: wb9iog@revealed.net (Mike Souhrada)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:53:04 -0500
Now that I'm back on the list I have a need for some info.

I have the manuals for the Triton I & Triton II (that's a combined
manual),
and the manual for the Model 540 which I understood was a Triton
II.
There are many differences, so my assumption was in error.

I've been wrassling with the II unit for some time. It needed
a new PTO badly as it was REALLY froze up. Once that was repaired
,it tracks beautifully now, with a rebuild kit. However, the audio
quit after a short time.
Then I started looking closer to what the previous owner had
attempted! Gad something of a mess on many of the boards.

So one thing at a time. I am getting audio out but at a low level.
The board is pictured in the Triton I&II manual page 3-5 and is
characterized by a "U" shaped heat sink on the inner side with
two ss devices imbedded in aluminum blocks. Those have been replaced
by two devices marked 274 , in a TO220 case. I just discovered that
and will see If I can find those referenced.

The board in the II has no identification on the top. I found some ID on
the
bottom which is either 90186 or 98106 depending on how you read it.
Same upside down - really clever eh Ten Tec!?

The model 540 uses an integrated chip for audio and may or may not
be the same so I can't use the documentation from that. But, that's
the documentation received from Ten Tec in the Triton I & II manual.
Thanks a lot TT!

Would be a BIG help if someone has the two sheets for the board I have
90186 or 98106 with the "U" shaped device and output transistors
identified
in original form. There is a black and green "thingie" between them and
have no idea what it is or what it supposed to do w/o the proper docs.

Tnx for reading this was a long one.If you could scan those sheets you'd
save me lots of time. Even the pins are difficult to identify what is
what?

Mike
Le Claire, Iowa