[TenTec] TenTec Hamfest

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec Hamfest
From: knoxm@scioto.net (Mike Knox)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:38:58 -0700
Geez,

I am not trying to rub it in or make anyone feel bad about not being able to
attend the TenTec Homecoming Hamfest, but geez....if you weren't there, plan
on making it next year.  Yes, next year....I heard Stan tell someone in the
sales area that they are already planning next for next year.  I just hope
that what I heard is really a fact.

The Friday nite open house was really great.  I consider myself a TenTec fan
and I found out things that I had never heard before during the tour.  Like
a 100% burn in on all TenTec gear.  Not a sampling of the products, but each
and everyone one!  They even do their own injection moulding.  I had never
heard that before.  Anyway, lots of good information and a great tour of the
facilities.  Yes, it is a small facility....but man do they put it to good
use.....but, then we already knew that.

The Hamfest was just as good.  It was the best hamfest I have attended for
several years.  Not much commercial gear there, not hardly any computer
stuff...although there was a very little of both....AND NOT ONE BEANIE BABY
DID I SEE!!!!  The tailgaters actually put the HAM back in HAMFEST!  There
was a LOT of ham gear there and a little bit of everything!

I don't know if anyone really tried to do a head count, but one ham told me
there were nearly 500 cars parked at the Electovoice parking lot and there
had to be nearly 100 tailgaters.  I heard figures of between 1200 and 1500
in attendance.  Not bad for the first effort.

I think TenTec really was a little surprised by the turnout.....It really
was great.
Now for the guys that participate in the TenTec Users Net on
Saturdays....well, you really missed a treat.  Will - KC5QWE and Jay - KM6VX
were both there as well as others.  I won't try to name them or give there
callsigns.  I seem to have had a senior moment somewhere between Saturday
and Monday....or a total one....something like that.  I'm not good with
names and callsigns.  What can I say.

Now, for the TenTec crew....just as you would expect, they were top-notch
all the way from start to finish.  All smiles and that  is sometimes hard to
do when you are that busy.  And man were they busy!  We had an opportunity
to talk to just about everyone from TenTec.  Let me just say this.....YOU
WILL NEVER FIND A MORE HOSPITABLE  group of people anywhere, no way, no how.

Put all of this together and then hold it in the heart of the Smoky
Mountains and you will definitely have a winning combination.  One would
will sum it up....GREAT!

And last but not least, thanks to the folks at TenTec, you have once again
shown everyone just how great a company you are.  Americas Finest being made
and supported by Americas BEST!

Thank you,
Mike - KC8WR