[TenTec] Ten Tec - YES Gatlinburg - NEVER again

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec - YES Gatlinburg - NEVER again
From: pcuellar@bright.net (Phil Cuellar)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:41:36 -0400

In all fairness, I feel I need to respond to this...
I WAS informed about the 48 hour rule when I made reservations at the Ski
View. I found the room was not fancy, but clean...no threadbare linens, no
dirty linens, etc. I did not need to adjust the heater, as the room stayed
comfortable, so I didn't play with it. The TV worked and had cable. All the
lights worked. There were chairs on the balcony to sit in and talk, and
enjoy the view. (It was warm enough to sit outside Friday, but not
Saturday.) As to the rooms not being handicapped friendly, I can not
comment, as there may be things that I ignore that a handicapped person
would find impossible. The restaurants are not in walking distance, but one
could walk across the street to the trolley stop and catch a ride downtown
(5 minute ride) for 25 cents, where restaurants range from McDonalds to the
Hard Rock Cafe.
My biggest complaint about the Ski View was that the water temperature in
the shower was hard to regulate, but I have found this to be true in many
places that I have stayed.
I admit the place is not the Waldorf, but it is FAR from the worst
experience I ever had while traveling. If you didn't like it, there are lots
of other places to stay in the area...some better, some worse.

73 de KI8JQ - Phil