[TenTec] arrl propergation report

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] arrl propergation report
From: cherry@neta.com (cherry@neta.com)
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:36:08 -0700
Bob, you do not have to look at the numbers. At the end
of the report it tells you the best time and frequency
for several possible paths.
 http://www.arrl.org/w1aw/prop/2000-arlp043.html
I use the report for 18 WPM code practice. Then I can
receive it it RTTY to see how my RTTY decoder works.
It will also tell me what band has good propagation
to the east coast. Finally I listen to the propagation
beacons to see what is really happening.
None of this does any good if there is nobody on the
other end of the good propagation. If nobody is there
yet I send CQ until somebody answers. Lots of times I
can wake-up a "dead" band by just sending CQ.
Peace, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF