[TenTec] Power display on Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Power display on Pegasus
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 08:04:28 -0700
Mark, PSK31 is a combination of amplitude and phase modulation.
My pegasus shows the amplitude modulation on the power indicator.
That is normal. If there is little power variation then you are
driving the pegasus too hard and the output will splatter.
The amplitude modulation in PSK31 is very low frequency. It is
less than 31 Hz. My wattmeter on my tuner shows some of the
variations in amplitude.
Jim FitzSimons W7ANF