[TenTec] Century 22 fault stil not solved

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 22 fault stil not solved
From: sparks98@g4kki.freeserve.co.uk (bill stevenson)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:28:20 -0000
Hi All,
        i have still not managed to solve the problem with my century22.
I have tried all the easy suggestions given such as bad connections, bad swr
etc but it is still showing this fault as described below.

> Hi All ,
>         i am new to the list and wonder if any one can help with a fault
that has
> just developed on my Century 22.
> When i push the lock button to give a carrier to tune my atu etc,after
only
> a couple of seconds it drops out and then pulses slowly as if it were
being
> keyed.If i turn the drive down so there is only a couple of watts coming
out
> then it seems ok.If i turn it up to give anything over that it starts
> again.Any ideas most welcome,perhaps you have experienced this and know
> whats wrong and how to cure it ?
>         Many thanks and i look forward to hearing from you.

        Just wondered if any one else has any ideas or has come across this
fault before if you missed my earlier plea for help.
        I have the circuit dia and operating manual,but not a service
manual,and my
friends
over here in England have told me that Ten Tec did not produce a service
manual for this rig.

        Thanks for reading this and regards to all,i like this list interesting
read about all your
Ten Tec gear

Regards

Bill  G4KKI