[TenTec] Re: TenTec Amateur Radio Digest V3 #362

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TenTec Amateur Radio Digest V3 #362
From: radions@neteze.com (W B Reese)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 06:52:48 -0800
Dear Tracy,

May I recommend the Ten-Tec Delta One?  I have that rig and find it very
satisfying; vastly superior to the Scout.  I can't comment on the voltage
requirements or suitability to battery operation, but it is light weight at
12.5 pounds and available at economical prices (I paid $375) on the used
market.  It has all the WARC bands and will put out 100 watts instead of 50
if you need the extra power.  I've used it on SSB and it seems just fine to
me.  By the way, very simple to operate.  I use a switching Astron power
supply that puts out 25 amps which is way more than it needs but weighs
only 5.3 pounds.  My entire station fits in a small wheel around suitcase
(including mike & key) and I can set up anywhere in 10 minutes.  Mostly I
operate at home & in motel rooms - I prefer the ones many stories up with
balconies & iron railings.  Good luck Tracy, we share the same name on
fone, on CW I use the sine "TR."

Of course if you ever develop an interest in CW it is outstanding!

Very 73,

WB6TMY@arrl.net