[TenTec] TT Scout on batteries?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Scout on batteries?
From: ve7asr@telus.net (Rick Williams)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:46:33 -0800
According to the manual -- The scout uses an LM2940T - 10 volt regulator.

I've used the Scout in my van with a pair of deep cycle marine batteries.
But it's not at all happy when the battery voltage goes from 13.8 volts and
approaches 12 volts.  I've actually worked sideband as low as 11.8 but then
the roof falls in.

Rick
VE7ASR