[TenTec] Making a new house "radio friendly"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Making a new house "radio friendly"
From: Bill_Ames@hyperion.com (Bill_Ames@hyperion.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:40:57 -0500

One would think that here in the new millennium we would see future
thinking ham shacks. To address this question in the simplest manner I
would recommend a small equipment shack near the base of the tower. You
would need only to bring 220 to the shack and the remote data lines back
from the various remotely controlled rigs. This would allow the ham shack
to be anywhere in this new house, any place where a laptop would fit. The
remote shack would have heating and cooling so the ambient could be kept to
an optimum value. Line losses would be eliminated and RF exposure problems
minimized. I would expect a solid state linear, and to keep an eye on
things perhaps a video monitor of the equipment just so you can see the
glow of the panel leds.

Bill Ames
KB1LG