[TenTec] back lights

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] back lights
From: k4aal@jackatak.theporch.com (Ariel M. Elam)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 09:31:30 -0600
Hello to the list and the best of Holiday Greetings to all of you!

While visiting with an old friend last evening, I discovered a glowing
green night light. Since I know that replacement backlights for the
Delta have been discussed here, I must bring it to our attention.

This is a beige plastic device aproximately 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" x 1/4" thick
with 2 prongs on the back which plug into a 110 volt wall outlet. On the
front there is a wondow 1 5/16" x 1 7/8" that glows green. It is made by
Austin Innovations, Inc. (no address), Model 11100, 115V/.03 Watts,
Night Light, UL Listed 3F07.

Bill, WA4BSK, said that he bought it at either the local hardware store
or Home Depot.

I did not tear into the device, but we Hams are innovative. Perhaps the
manufacturer would diverge his source of the strip. Who knows?
Anyhow, I hope this will help those of you with dark Deltas.

Ten-Tec forever!!

73, Ariel, K4AAL