[TenTec] 701 Handmike

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 701 Handmike
From: NW4P@martha.xtn.net (NW4P@martha.xtn.net)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:47:08 -0500
Gentlemen,
   I have both the 705 mike and the 701 hand mike. As you
know the element on the 705 is open with the exception of
the foam cover. The 701 handmike only has an opening of
about 3/8 x 1/16 for the element. (To me, that seemed some-
what restrictive) I simply took the mike apart and drilled
a hole about 25% smaller than the element.  The audio quality
remains the same but now talking so close is not a factor
and it allows you to back off on the ALC since it drives better.
Too, you don't have to worry about covering the element since
there is  a small foam cover attached and a
secondary cloth cover.
      Thanks and  73,   Richard   NW4P