[TenTec] Re: Dead OMNI-6+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Dead OMNI-6+
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 08:50:31 -0600
About,

"Wouldn't you know it, right at the start of a three-day weekend...

Came home from work on Friday.  6+ had been "idling" all day (tha cats
like
to sleep on it).

No electrical events in the house or sky, but when I fired up to
transmit,
output was zilch (0.5 watts) on all bands (teeny bit higher on 15 and
10, but
no more than 1.5 watts--could just be a non-linear power meter, too).

Receive sensitivity seems down, but my ears may be tricking me.

Antenna jacks clean, does it same on AUX antenna jack as on primary one.
Not
in any way intermittent.

Any thoughts?  (Would like to troubleshoot rather than box it up to
Tennessee, but I'll do whatever...)

73 & Thanks,
Bernie K5XS"

Bernie,