[TenTec] TCXO in Older Omni VI's

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TCXO in Older Omni VI's
From: aa0ri@kansas.net (Charles Carter)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:33:51 -0600
Dave and the group,
Mine was showing some instability in the PLL, the rig almost sounded like it
was yodeling after it warmed up with use.  After trying all the suggestions
over the phone with a scope and freq counter in strategic places and a few
adjustments, I gave up and sent it back to TT for repairs.

The repair order says:
Changed R12 to 47 Ohm and added 100uh choke to stabilize xtal osc. L. O. PLL
alignment.
Xtal osc. alignment.
set ref. freq.

This was done 10-13-98 and the problem has never returned.

I'm not sure that this is the problem you are having but if so, maybe this
will help.
73, Chuck (AAØRI)