[TenTec] price check, used Herc II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] price check, used Herc II
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:48:41 -0800 (PST)
Anyone venture a good guess at what a good, clean, used Herc II should be
worth?  I am considering one locally.

I have looked at the RF electronics amps (Lee in NC) and they're quite
well made, $600 brand new, lifetime warranty on workmanship, 500 + output,
good QSK, no bandswitching...   A friend of mine has been using one for
some time now. Looks ugly, but works very, very well for the money.

Then there's the Ameritron amps (well, MFJ) and they have a 500 watt
"mobile" amp in the output league with the Herc and RF electonics amps.
It's about $700 new?

The local fellow wants $850 for the Herc, the price may drive me to the
other alternatives (or no amp at all, I rarely need one!)  Anyone guess a
"street price" for the Herc II?  I just missed one on our local swap net
for $500, I just didn't have the cash  and the fellow would not wait a
week.

Clark
WA3JPG