[TenTec] CW inactivity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CW inactivity
From: n0hs@swbell.net (David Stanfield)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:54:41 -0600
Times have changed but we don't have to go quietly or soon.  Why don't we
pick a freq. to monitor when we are in the shack doing something else.  It
could be an informal cw meeting place one band for day and another for
night.  Call CQ TT for the gang.

I used to think that talking up cw and offering to meet the new upgrades or
inactive operators on the band for easy stress free QSO's would get at least
some interest going.  So far after a few years nothing, several have made
schedules but very seldom do they actually show.

The Fists CW Club is dedicated to the CW preservation and has a lot of nice
people for members but it may be sort of like being on the bail gang  of the
Titanic.

I am hoping that soon some people will be tired of computers and the
impersonality of it and find radio and the challenge once again.

In the mean time support "Know Code".

Dave, N0HS