[TenTec] Omni VI+ Help

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Help
From: K5XS@aol.com (K5XS@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:26:02 EST
Hi Gang,
  Trying to repair my ill Omni VI+ after Ten tec kindly shipped me parts for
the:
- Low Pass Filter Board:  Hard to get to the board, but easy to replace four
diodes and a transistor.  Done.
- Band Pass Filter Board:  Supposed to replace D7 and D8.  Can't find 'em!
The schematic is easy enough to read, but tracing the traces to find the
little guys (among a dozen other diodes) is TOUGH, especialy when several
components aren't mrked with values on the board.  There's a "kinda sorta"
component layout in my owner's manual, but it doesn't go to the diode level
of detail.  Does anyone have a decent component layout for the board so they
can tell me where D7 and D8 are?
- 9 MHz Board.  Supposed to replace U1 (LM358).  My schematic shows U1
(LM358) and U2 (LM301AN), but my board has ONLY a sinlge chip:  LM301AN.
Have I got an earlier board version?  Should I just ignore the extra chip
they sent me?
  Thanks for any hlep.  I am SO eager to get this thing back up and running...
73,
Bernie K5XS