[TenTec] Sorry about the copying of the other message, further loop comm

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sorry about the copying of the other message, further loop comment
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:36:30 -0600
Sorry, I did not mean to also copy the original message and add to list
bytes.

But, I should say we tried the full wave plus loop based on a memeber's home
experience, then we modeled it after field day and that confirmed our
getting out at both low angles and high angles with only 20 foot high loop
over a football field, over average ground in the model.  The loop was a
delta shape and longer east west than north south, just because of where
available supports were located.   The feed was on west corner, and was 450
ohm ladder line to Dentron super tuner balun and transmatch.  Very easy to
make a tuner chart and change bands by presetting the transmatch dials, it
is a Tee match circuit.  I was not a believer in low loops before, but sure
changed my tune!
73,
Stuart K5KVH