[TenTec] Contest Idea

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Contest Idea
From: agtaylor@llnl.gov (agtaylor@llnl.gov)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:28:09 -0800 (PST)
On 19 Jan, ARDUJENSKI@aol.com wrote:

> Contest Suggestion:
> *First Tuesday of every month
> *0100-0300Z
> 1 point per contact
> MULTIPLIERS:  3 less than 5 watts, 2 for 5+ to 100w, 1 over 100watts
> Additional Multiplier for number of bands worked. This would encourage folks
> to try several bands
>
> Log submital process similar to Adventure Radio where you only submit info
> for three items: NUMBER QSOS, NUMBER PWR MULTIPLIER, NUMBER BAND MULTIPLIER

Let's not duplicate what the QRP world has already done with multipliers
based on power. After all this is NOT QRP-L. But rather let's exchange
the model number (3 digit) and give mults based on ARRL/RAC sections as
in the ARRL Sweepstakes or perhaps grid squares (my personal
preference!) Have power classes if you wish, but let's keep power out
as an outright multiplier. In fact, we could use the SS exchange with
the check replaced with TT model number (TT kits like the 1340 would be
given as 134T, of course).

The exchange would then be:

  -NR- {A,B,M,U,Q,C) callsign  model-number and section or grid.

THat is, I would send

        nr001 B AE6TT 563 EB

or we could just skip the NR. Lots of choices!!

73  Allan  K7GT / AE6TT

Allan G Taylor

agtaylor@llnl.gov